Thursday, January 19, 2012

That sinking feeling...

A cool mini-Simmons, Gin & Tacos has a must read, and a moment of reflection on Iraq now a healthy democratic state...

So, since we have the weather from hell going on at the moment I'm trying to sort out various needful stuff for the new galley project...

I'm pretty sure I've sorted out the new stove situation and the only thing that remains to figure out is a sink and plumbing, and, it's raining and I'm bored, what better way to waste some time and see what a proper boat sink costs?

Well, for starters, I went over to the West Marine website to see what they have and sure enough they have a really nice sink, about the right size, and it costs $224.99...

Next stop was Defender, who had a round sink about the right diameter but not quite what I was looking for (too shallow) but, that said, at a much more affordable $110.99...

Oh damn, I'm getting that sinking feeling... (by the way it just so happens that the Bill Forsyth film "That Sinking Feeling" is one of my all time favorite films, so if you ever get a chance to see it, do so) but, what am I thinking of even looking at marine stores for galley products, don't I ever learn?

So, let's check out Ikea and see what they have... It would seem that they have a stainless sink just the right size for $46.98. As one does while shopping a site, I came across a sink that, while not round, was the right shape to fit the space I have perfectly for $26.98 and who really needs a round sink anyway...

Listening to Marah

So it goes...