Saturday, December 03, 2011

Some cheap happy making stocking fillers...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's noticed this, Dmitry has t-shirts with Hogfish goodness (xmas being just around the corner and all!), and Crooks & Liars pretty much sums it all up...

Since the subject of xmas has raised its pointy little head, maybe it's time to talk stocking stuffers...



Face it, everyone on a boat needs a knife and the Fury clone of the Myerchin sailors tool (I just bought one and it is now my go-to boat knife) is easily this year's best bang for the buck...

Since I notice that so many sailboats I happen to come across have rigs seriously out of tune (and many so-called pro riggers apparently suffer from cranio-rectal syndrome) Brion Toss's DVD "Tuning Your Rig" just might be a very useful sort of gift that would save someone a lot of money...

As long as we're on the subject of Brion Toss, may I say that "The Complete Rigger's Apprentice: Tools and Techniques for Modern and Traditional Rigging" really belongs on every boat...

Really!

While it might not have a lot of romance, a tube of my currently preferred goop would not go unappreciated and always comes in handy...Trust me, boatfolk love practical stuff that works!

Speaking of things that work... One of these belongs in every inflatable dinghy or life raft kit...
If your favorite sailor has a Honda 2000, he/she would love to find an oil drain thingy in their xmas stocking...

What can I say, practical makes all kinds of sense on a boat!

Listening to Dawn Landes

So it goes...