Thursday, December 01, 2011

a shippy little stove...

Some scary numbers, today's phrase is "scenario fulfillment" and then there's always this to worry about...

A while back I think I mentioned I was looking for a solid fuel heater and for the last year or so I've been doing the research and asking friends in places like Alaska, Iceland, and Finland (where they understand the reality of COLD) about various cunning plans to keep "So It Goes" toasty...

One thing I have noted in my ongoing research is that most solid fuel heaters are just silly expensive...


I'll admit that, like a lot of folks, I really like the "Sardine" stove made here and there by various folks... It's cute, small, and, you know, kind of shippy. It also costs nearly $1100 and that's for the bare bones no option model. Throw in the fact that you also need to buy a stove pipe and other bits and pieces which will bring the whole shebang close to...well, a lot more than this cheapseats boy is willing to spend!

Luckily several folks who actually use their boats in places where the word "frigid" has nothing to do with the word "sex" have recommended an alternative...

The Nu-Way 965 is a very compact (12" x 7" x 15") boat friendly solid fuel heater that one might deem affordable at roughly 1/10 the cost of the Sardine... You might even say it looks somewhat shippy as well!

Listening to Little Feat

So it goes...