Friday, October 28, 2011

My morning thoughts...

A really good point over at the Benshi (which could apply to the marine industry as well), how open source makes sense for builders of electric vehicles, and, for those still in the dark ages of internal combustion mindset, a handy hint about your oil...

I might as well call this blog "The Second Cup of Coffee" as 99% of the time the blog is written while I have my second cup of coffee... Which really does not have much to do with anything except to say that "Boat Bits" is a lot more ad hoc morning reaction to stimuli than anything else and what I actually write tends to jump from what music is playing, the morning news or something that I woke up thinking about...


Much like today, my first thought was how cool the new Roberto Barros Pop 25 design would be with an alternative rig like junk or (even better) a balanced lug rig set up for roller furling...

Either rig would make a lot of sense and make an already affordable and easily built design even more affordable and easier to build. But, hey, that's just my morning semi-caffeinated thought...

For those who find the Pop 25 concept interesting but just that kiss too small there is both a slightly larger Pop in plywood and a 32 foot aluminum Pop in the pipeline. The Pop 32, as far as I can see (if it were plywood and sporting a balanced lug rig) would be just about a perfect boat for our needs... Color me very impressed!


Listening to Jefferson Airplane

So it goes...