Monday, October 31, 2011

Boatween makes as much sense as...

Annie Hill has a new rig, Liz Clark makes a connection, and big ocean mammal with man in a little boat...

As it happens, Halloween is just about my favorite holiday though, being on a boat there is not a lot of trick or treating anywhere near "So It Goes". Of course, with my luck, if there were they'd most likely be Jesusweenie folks on the hunt for bibles rather than copious bags of candy corn and candied apples!

Has anyone noticed things have got just a little too strange for irony to work any more?

That, being as it may, makes me think that we could always do a Boatween and how trick or treating for boat parts would be no bad thing. I mean, "So It Goes" has so much stuff onboard of the too-good-to-throw-away-not-good-enough-to-sell sort of nautical detrius that I can't actually find parts I need with all the spun props, odd hinges, used bolts/screws, and small scraps of magic marine plywood that never ever is the right size for a project...

Listening to The Bonzo Dog Band...



So it goes...