Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The only thing I know for sure is that I don't know it all...

How to destroy an education system, a place for folks who have read "A Canticle for Leibowitz", and some serious Dynex rigging goodness...

Since we were speaking of education...

I've been building boats and doing various boatwork a lot longer than I care to remember, but for those who need a hint, I got my first boatwork paycheck when Ford was pardoning Nixon... Jeez!

I mention this because while I have been around the block a time or two, I'm still learning how to build and work on boats and getting good at something is always a continuing process.

Which is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to getting my copy of "Building Badger: & the Benford Sailing Dory Designs" because I'll learn something from reading it.

You might enjoy it as well...

While I have no plans to build a Benford Dory (though they are nice and seaworthy boats) anytime soon if ever, I have no doubt that there will be a nugget or three to mine and that will be useful on "So It Goes", the next "Loose Moose" or some friend's boat who is looking for a clever fix to some building/modification/repair issue... You see, learning stuff always pays off because it keeps you thinking and growing.

I run across a lot of people who really do not value education at all these days, folks who know the price of everything and the value of nothing, and who think that learning is something you did way back when you were in school. Of course, people who think like that also tend to think a lot of silly ideas...

Then again. what do I know?

Listening to the Beach Boys

So it goes...