Sunday, June 26, 2011

I have to finish this post before I get to eat my waffles...

Kurt Hughes makes some great points about epoxy, over in Georgia the smell of rotting fruit tells a story, and yet another reason you don't want to visit Florida they have food terrorists!

As everyone knows I'm a huge fan of the Fein Multimaster (as well as various clones) for boatwork but not a big fan of the silly prices on the various blades and accessories. Recently I have been using the Harbor Freight blades and while they work OK, they do not quite have the "edge" that I took for granted with the Fein... That said, they are a lot cheaper!

The blade I use on my Fein more than any other, the 3 1/2" flush cut from Fein, has a list price of $42 (ouch) but since the various clones have come on the market I've noticed you can actually find them discounted (Amazon has it for $18.99) from time to time...

On the other hand, the Harbor Freight reasonable facsimile, comes in with a list price of $8.99 and while it does not quite have the cutting performance and small fault in design (it's made it two pieces welded together and my current blade seems to be slowly coming apart) the difference is so close that you might as well roll with the HF and save some money.

Listening to "Good Thing"

So it goes...