Sunday, April 03, 2011

Deflatables woes...

It's warm with a little breeze and the water is crystal clear so I should be out doing something fun...

What I will be actually doing however is fixing my Caribe (spelled spawn of the devil) deflatable.

I've always hated this dinghy... Its roll-up design is such that the various bits are in constant motion and they rub together which creates friction and friction creates leaks. Made worse, of course, by the fact that all of the designed in friction points are in the most inaccessible and hard to repair areas of the dinghy...

If that's not enough to make me have evil feelings where the dinghy is concerned, the floor panel seems to have its protective scrim developing a leprosy-like malady...

The thing is, not so long ago Caribe made the best inflatables and RIB's around. Funny how things change.

Listening to Ray Wylie Hubbard

So it goes...