Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A family cruising and a cool cat design...

I just heard from a long time reader (apparently a glutton for punishment) who is off cruising for the next year or so ...

I am trying this for a year.  I am with my wife and two young kids.  I too decided to at least give it a try before I get too old and die waiting for the right boat (or the wealth I'll never have!). I like your politics too, so keep it up.

We're heading to the Bahamas, possibly during this Friday's window if all goes well.  
Makes me feel all kind of warm and fuzzy!

They will be doing said cruise on one of my favorite catamaran designs, the Romany from Wood's designs, which is an awesome boat that I've considered building more than a couple of times...

For those who may be interested in the adventures of a family cruising in a 35 foot catamaran you might want to check out their blog as apparently fun is being had! Check it out!

And in the great minds think alike department another Boat Bits reader who also happens to be building a Romany can be found on his blog "Zamboni Driver".