Friday, November 05, 2010

A most excellent composting head...

We've had our home brew DIY composting toilet for almost a couple of years now and our opinion is still that composting toilets on boats make a lot of sense...

On the hind-sight front, there is very little I'd do differently as everything works, smell is a non-issue and there is nothing involved that needs service or repair. What's not to like?

Over at The Tiny House Blog guest blogger Walt Barret talks about a very simple DIY system that would work quite well in most boats and includes an A to Z detailed account of how to build it as well as all the materials involved.

Fact is, Barret's system has has a couple of tweaks that will improve my composting head so I expect I will be incorporating them into my system in the not too distant future.


Check it out...

Listening to a still much missed Warren Zevon

So it goes...