Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Don't let the door hit you on the ass as you leave...

Today is a good day...

For one, it is the last day of the "H" word season and all aboard sailing vessel So It Goes are quite happy to see its backside going out the door.

Now, hopefully, we can fully get back into work mode and return So It Goes to the lean and mean sailing machine it is. Cunning plans aside, everything from here on out is both straightforward and simply depends on a few rain-free days to get back in the groove...

A bit of news of some interest is that NASA is having what should be a very interesting press conference on Thursday to "discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life". For those who find this sort of thing interesting, it will be at 2:00 PM EST on December 2 and will be streamed...

Of course, with the very real possibility that someone has found life (albeit a simple bacteria) on another planet, does not mean that intelligent life can be found in Washington DC... But we do live in hope!

Listening to Neil Innes and you can sing along...

(Intro: G  A   C   D   G)


   G                            A
   I'm the urban spaceman baby, I've got speed 

   C        D            G
   I've got everything I need 

   G                            A
   I'm the urban spaceman baby, I can fly 

         C    D     G
   I'm a supersonic guy

   Em
   I don't need pleasure

     C          G
   I don't feel pain

   C              G  
   If you were to knock me down

       A           D
   I'd just get up again

   G                          
   I'm the urban spaceman babe and 

   A
   I'm making out 

   C   D    G
   I'm all about 


   (G   A     C   D   G)

     Em
   I wake up every morning 

          C             G
   with a smile upon my face 

      C          G  
   My natural exuberance

          A                D
   spills out all over the place 


   (G    A     C    D    G)

   G             
   I'm the urban spaceman

       A  
   I'm intelligent and clean 

   C     D     G
   Know what I mean? 


   G                            A 
   I'm the urban spaceman, as a lover second to none 

   C      D      G
   It's a lot of fun 

   Em
   I never let my friends down

        C            G
   I've never made a boob 

   C            G
   I'm a glossy magazine

      A             D
   an advert in the tube 

   G                                A 
   I'm the urban spaceman babe, but here comes the twist 

   C D        G
   I don't exist  
   
   (G   A   C  D  G)



So it does go...