Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Waiting for the mail... 180 Degrees South

Back when I was in the mountaineering biz I remember I once advised Yvon Chouinard that as good as his guide sweaters were they were just too pricey for climbers and just maybe Great Pacific Iron Works should stick to their forte of great climbing hardware... I don't have to tell you, dear readers just how dumb I was way back when and luckily Yvon and the folks at GPIW took no notice of my less than astute advice and went on to form Patagonia and bring climbing chic to the world, become a household name, and a force to be reckoned with in the whole universe of sustainable and green business practices.

Just for the record I'm still pretty dumb but a hell of a lot older...

Which sorta/kinda brings us to a film I have been waiting for and hopefully will be showing up in my mail package any day now... "180 Degrees South"




To say I have great hope for this film is some kind of serious understatement and a friend who saw it some time ago at a film festival compared it to my all time favorite Mountain Gazette story by Dick Dorworth "Night Driving" which as far as I am concerned is a slam dunk...