Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Trailer trash with an ocean view...

There is a band down here with the really great name "Trailer Trash With an Ocean View" and while I hear they are very good, this post is more about the thoughts their name brings up rather than the band...



Fact of the matter is, I have always liked trailers and old Airstreams and tiny little teardrops really do it for me. Ever since I was a kid the whole idea of mobile living just made sense. Of course, the operative word here is mobile as there is nothing sadder in this world than a trailer park full of old trailers and their owners who never go anywhere... Well, actually to use a Republican term "I misspoke".  I should have said nothing sadder than a trailer park or marina with trailers and boats that don't go anywhere.

Trailers and boats that move are happy making but those who don't are the things of broken dreams.

Speaking of dreams... Tiny House Blog (always a good read) had such a cool trailer on their site that it made me want to go out and get a drivers license and a car just so I could get such a rig and take it for a ride...

Then again, I simply do not have what it takes anymore to ever get behind the wheel of a car again and unless I can find a plan for a super tiny teardrop trailer able to be pulled by my bike, the trailer life is simply not in the cards. On the other hand, for those who do, you might be interested that George Buehler has recently written a book about trailers and suchlike. I'm sure George will have scandalized the RV community one way or another in the process and it should be a good read.