Friday, May 21, 2010

A decision has been made... The perfect dinghy cam!

Cleaning up the mast and getting it ready for carbon tows and glassing is a great way to clear your mind and sort out undecided issues as you work... There just seems to be something about the act of planing wood mixed with the output of the iPod  (Little Feat) to make all things clear!

Which is why I have finally come to the decison of the right camera for the sailing video project I'm doing which calls for something able to be mounted remotely, stuck on the end of a boat hook (for those up-close-and-personal shots of a shark or MahiMahi about to be landed) and as a general workhorse camera that will shoot HD video and be the perfect dinghy cam...

Hell, I might even mount it on a surfboard... Speaking of surfboards, I'm pretty sure I'll be thinking about which surfboard to build in today's mast travail...