Wednesday, April 28, 2010

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...

I woke up at 5:30 to the sound of a steady rain and reflected on the general idiocy of building a mast in a parking lot. Since I was reflecting on idiocy, my thoughts spiraled in a general "It's 5:30 in the morning and I can't sleep" kinda way...

They drifted to the state of Arizona, currently the leader in the idiocy poster boy contest, but that made me sad so my thoughts wafted towards that oil spill in the gulf which is visible from space and the idiot oil companies who fought to lower safety standards on rigs as they cut into profits... Which made me muse over just how much losing an oil rig and pouring 42,000 gallons of crude oil into the sea everyday is going cut into their profits...



That led me to President Obama's Eulogy for the coal miners who perished and how that the miners were "living the American Dream" but no one seems to mention that the owners of the mine were also living that "other" American dream of "profit over everything" ...

Man, I hate it when it rains...