Sunday, March 07, 2010

Changing directions... A gray day in paradise

Yesterday I was helping a friend realign and reseat a bulkhead and sort out the foundation of his new galley. While we worked, the conversation was all over the place (as it tends to be) and included plans for "where next"...

My friend, who needs to go back up to the east coast realized he needed to start looking for a couple of folks interested in getting some blue water experience for the sail from St Martin to NYC/Montauk and while we talked about his plans, I realized I simply had no idea where my plans would lead for the upcoming "H' season.

We've been hearing a steady stream of unhappy static regarding Trinidad on the coconut telegraph, which makes us favor Bequia or the ABC's (Aruba/Bonaire/Curacao) but truth be told, once we have the mast up and sea trials finished it will be more than likely that the choice of where to spend "H" season will be based on which way the wind is blowing on the day we want to leave...

Kinda works for me!