Monday, September 21, 2009

For those who think a CAL 20 is too small... Reality check.


I've always been interested in the whole living within our needs rather than wants thing and the whole small living spaces trend fills me with a certain amount of hope...

That said when I read about the project that Kevin Cyr is currently working on turning a shopping cart into a pop up camper I have to admire his thought process but the need for such a statement/project also fills me with no small amount of despair.

Anyone with half a brain who is not doing the Ostrich thing can see that more than a few systems are broken and FUBAR and SNAFU is the order of the day. So of course, designing for the homeless poor is something of a growth industry... Like I said despair.

There is hope of course and there are a lot of people doing the right thing (as opposed to our bought and paid for politicians) and they deserve our support.