Saturday, March 07, 2009

A TOOL OF NOTE...

I have a lot of tools aboard "So It Goes" and for a while now I have been meaning to try and de-clutter my various tool storage as it seems these days to do any one job seems to have be getting out several tool bags. Last time I checked I think I had nearly twenty screw drivers and no matter which tool bag I pull out I never seem to have the screw driver I needed for the job at hand... As we say, So it goes...

I keep testing various multi-tools which seem to be cunning and clever but never actually seem to be good tools that hold up to the rigors of actually doing work day after day and year after year. I could of course use other words that come to mind where multi tools are concerned but as this is a family blog I'll leave it to your imagination...

The Enderes XV-1 screwdriver seems to be the exception to the rule as its well built with high quality bits (14 of them that stow securely on the handle) and the bonus of a ratcheting mechanism that is up to years of hard use. At under $20 this is just the sort of tool I can buy a few of them and have one in each of my many tool bags so whatever tool bag I have out I'll at least always have the right screw driver!