Tuesday, April 29, 2008

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Yesterday two of my favorite blogs got political...I've been much conflicted about the whole idea of using Boat Bits for my political thoughts and rants ( and yes there are many) so have opted to try and stay as far away from politics as possible...Take a moment and read Sailing Anarchy and Navagear...but face it it's time to get real.

Yesterday I realized in planning our trip next year ( to Europe) that all of the possible courses I was considering were not stopping in the land of my birth because it is simply becoming a "hassle". Sadly I'm not alone as a whole lot of our charter clients are doing some very serious shucking and jiving to avoid traveling on any flights that makes them go through the NHS gauntlet and I should point out that these clients are mostly of the fly first class we don't care what it costs brigade and include movie stars, European movers, shakers and politicians who don't appreciate being treated like crap.

Don't get me wrong I am all for security and being proactive on those that endanger those close to us but there is a big difference between security and an abuse of power that accomplishes nothing.

I'll quote a bit of Sailing Anarchy's take on NHS in which I agree 100%...

" They'd love to demand y'all get a boating license and monitor your every movement, all in the name of "security" of course, but they know they can't pull that off - yet. It is a load of crap, put forth by an administration that has clearly demonstrated it can't find it's own ass with both hands."