Saturday, December 17, 2022

Comparing a few pumps...

Some battery tech of interest, Badtux on twitter, and in the "Just how stupid are we? department...

A while back, I needed to get a new water pump for the galley of the manual sort. My first choice where manual galley pumps has always been Fynspray and I really love this pump...

Which I'm sure you'll agree is a seriously cool bit of plumbing. The problem is that the current price of $369.99 is way more than I'm inclined to spend. That's just silly expensive. So I looked at a less expensive Fynspray which I've had before that worked just fine...


 

Obviously not as sexy as the handsome bronze one but it is an excellent pump albeit with a price tag of $148 which is still too expensive considering how simple a pump it is. So I checked out this one...

The Whale V pump ($86) that I've had good luck with in the past would be OK except it tends to need service fairly often and Whale spares ($21) are, shall we say, highway robbery or something akin to it.

So, what's a poor boy going to do?

Here's the pump I've been using for the last six months with nary a problem. It works just as well or better than any of the pumps mentioned so far...

 

With quality as good as the Fynspray and better than the Whale,                                             I'm a pretty happy camper. So much so that I bought an extra one just in case. The $10 price tag makes me smile every time I find myself pumping a glass of water.

Need I say more?

Listening to a whole lot of covers

So it goes...