Saturday, June 04, 2022

Too many tools?

Needful reading, bulkhead head banging inducing, and in the "So many problems" department...

I've always been in the "You can't have too many tools or clamps!" camp. Having the right tool for a given job makes sense.

These days, I'm thinking that, since I don't do some jobs anymore, having the right tool where those tasks are concerned is now a surplus to requirements situation. I feel the need to do a need/want assessment on my tool inventory and purge what's not earning their keep.

In the meantime, I've got quite a few projects and another dinghy to build this month so I'll have plenty of opportunity to weigh whether some tools are just taking up space.

More on the purge once I get into it.

Listening to five versions of California Dreamin'

So it goes...