Sunday, June 12, 2022

Tick Tock...

Crowdfunding a war, some thinking about plastics, and in the "Just simple insanity" department...

My watch died yesterday. Or maybe I should say the watch I use to tell time died yesterday as my dive computer/watch and my analog dive watch are still trucking along.

The watch that died (a Soleus Sprint) was of the disposable variety and only cost $12 bucks on sale from an outlet store. What can I say but that I'm just not a Rolex kind of guy.

Anyway, since I needed a new watch I made a quick list of what I actually needed...

Needs to tell time.

Have an alarm.

Accurate enough for navigation (spelled C-e-l-e-s-t-i-a-l)

Waterproof enough to go for a swim with it on.

Now, generally, my go to watch is the Casio F-91W as it has a seven-year battery life, does all of the above, and costs not very much. Still, I did do a quick search on what passes for sailing watches these days and see a whole lot of what I'll term as silly expensive wrist bling. But, as I just want to know what time it is and don't have insecurities that I need to compensate for the F-91W seems like it makes the most sense

Listening to Ani DeFranco 

So it goes...