Sunday, June 19, 2022

the next dinghy...

Some good news on the plastic front in California, a gallery of shame, and in the "Sick on so many levels" department...

Way back when on Las Palmas while we were waiting for the crossing window to the Caribbean to open up, I chopped off the front of our Bolger Tortoise to make it a sorta/kinda nesting dinghy. It worked just fine.

In terms of building a Tortoise, I've adapted it to plain old stitch and glue which is as fast to build and only a kiss more expensive. The last change I've made in the design is swapping out the lengthwise thwart as it takes up too much room in my opinion and the traditional thwarts seem to work better in my experience while adding some needful reinforcement to the hull sides.

For the current build, I'll be doing the Tortoise rather than the long Tortoise as we just don't need the added room and the smaller Tortoise in nesting mode fits into a 4' X 4' space.

I'll try and remember to take some pictures of the build while I'm doing it.

Listening to a favorite Beach Boys song

So it goes...