Thursday, June 23, 2022

from the cockpit test lab...

Something about the real cost of gas, a big black hole, and in the "Way past time" department...

The whole problem with doing stuff on the cheap is not so much about money but finding good products to replace the overpriced crap we find ourselves having to use from the Marine trades.

For instance, I need a new booster pump for my watermaker as the one I've been using has been doing an intermittent impression of a brick. Which is not what I expect to find in a $400+ piece of gear. Doing my research I've found numerous pumps sporting the same specs that cost a whole lot less. The conundrum of various items sporting the same specs over a price spread from $20 to $800 cries out to be researched. 

So, my project for today is to test a $22 dollar pump. Which, if it works will make me a very happy camper.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Listening to Boulevards

So it goes...