Monday, May 02, 2022

on getting into more earth friendly materials...

EBM with a question that I've been asking myself  lately, not the news you want to hear, and in the "Climate change just keeps on giving" department...

For awhile now I find myself being somewhat put off with the amount of plastic that's found itself into my life. Not only is my life besieged by needless plastic packaging but it seems that just about everything is based on plastic parts.

Hell, most of the lures in my fishing gear are plastic (more about that soonish over on Fishing Under Sail). 

Yeah, and then there's the amount of plastic in my boat building materials locker, in spite of trying to use more earth friendly resins, goops, and materials. Even so, the bottom line still seems to say they're, at best, just less bad than other alternatives. Sure plastic derived from vegetable sources are better than those based on oil but in the end they're all just plastics.

There's got to be a better way and I'll be working on some alternatives in upcoming posts.

Listening to the Sinseers

So it goes...