Sunday, April 24, 2022

another film I won't get to make...

A significant voyage, regarding "Moral injury", and in the "Maybe it's time to sail to Alaska while I still can" department...

Speaking of Alaska, there's a George Buehler project boat on offer that is all kinds of interesting and you might want to check it out.


In all honesty, I have to admit that I found the boat interesting on a lot of levels. For starters, Buehler's Juno is the epitome of a Buehler design and a lot of folks consider it, myself included, his best work. The boat comes with an interesting history that would go a long way to being the fodder of any number of sun-downer discussions and talking points. Plus it's just a great cruising boat.


The other thing that appealed to me was simply that it would be an awesome project to take on and make a film about. It has all the elements a classic boat of sorts, an interesting history behind it, and a somewhat larger than life designer. The built in dramatic edge of a project with a ticking clock deadline would drive the narrative along full tilt boogie.

What a great film it would make...

Listening to Hurray For The Riff Raff

So it goes...