Sunday, March 20, 2022

A great design and a missing book...

A scary read, the current normal, and the impact of fishing at a favorite spot...

J. P. Villenave has, for a long time, been one of my favorite French designers.So, not really surprising that his MiniJonque designed with Dimitri Le Forestier is my favorite junk rig design.


J. P. Villenave also wrote an exceptional book "La Construction Classique Contreplaque" as well as the Loisers Nautiques version on building cruising sailboats using plywood which were my go to resources where building in plywood was concerned.


Sadly, the book is no longer in print and when available fetches a couple of hundred dollars. As far as the Villenave plans are concerned I'm unaware if they are still available but I'm still looking...

Listening to Mary Gauthier

So it goes...