Saturday, January 15, 2022

Two gaff rig boats I like...

Regarding a good cop, a commercial befitting the times, and in the "This is just so wrong" department... 

Down here in what is purported to be paradise you don't often see gaff rigs much. That bothers me just a bit.

For me at least the sailplan on Reuel Parker's Pilot Cutter 31 is pretty awesome. For starters it's simple, easily fabricated, and affordable which is a real bonus for a powerful rig.

Of course, gaff rigs don't always have to be on what most would consider to be traditional boats and they can make a lot of sense. Take this modern scow design by Yann Quenet which I need to build.


Now if this damn pandemic will just lighten up so I can find a building site and get to doing...

Listening to a bunch of R&B/Soul coverage accompanied by an excellent article.

So it goes...