Wednesday, July 28, 2021

a tale of two scows...

Something about Rick Griffin worth reading, an article on the subject of invasive species, and in the "Well this is kind of depressing" department...

I've been watching the French designer Gildas Plessis and his ongoing efforts to make cruising scows a thing. His Scow 42 and 37 are both quite interesting and make a lot of sense. That said, both of those boats are bigger than I need so the fact that they now have a Sailscow 28 has me somewhat excited.

Better yet, it is available in kit form for those with a DIY bent. The only downside from where I sit is the fact that the rig is a lot less DIY friendly and you can spell that e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e. I'd really like to see an alternative rig for this puppy.

As it happens, I still have my set of plans for Yann Quenet's Skrowl 900 cruising scow and while a kiss longer than the Sailscow 28 at 29-feet and change it seems to be a better choice for my needs and wants.


Listening to Emily Kinney

So it goes...


Support BoatBits