Tuesday, June 01, 2021

A sensible tool kit...

EBM calls out bullshit & assholes, some depressing news on the carbon footprint of cannabis, and something important in the "Half-assed measures get half-assed results" department...

Stumpy Nubs is a wood working channel I follow. Partly because he's entertaining but mainly because he always makes a lot of sense.


His $100 tool kits make loads of sense, Sadly, these days, we're so conditioned by consumerist propaganda to buy lots of stuff that we sometimes lose track of just how little you can get away with. As it happens I built a Wharram Tiki 31 with not much more than Stumpy's very basic tool kit as described except I built it without any power tools as my build location did not have any power available.

Just the other day someone was asking me what sort of table saw he should buy so he could build a nesting dinghy and was incredulous when I told him a simple jigsaw would suffice.

Listening to some songs with "Ship" in the title

So it goes...