Monday, April 05, 2021

an old lust revisisted...

About that application, on why infrastructure is important, and it would appear that GMC/Hummer have completely missed the point of sustainable vehicles...

A couple of weeks ago I came across a Herreshoff 31 Cat Ketch for sale up in St Paul Minnesota. For those unacquainted with the Halsey Herreshoff cat ketch design here's the plan.

Back in the early 80's I seriously lusted for this boat as it was as close to the picture I had in my head at the time in what would make a near perfect cruising boat. If the draft had been a foot or so less it would have been perfect.

The fact that the boat for sale up in St Paul had an asking price of only $1300, had me looking at airfares and wondering about the cost of yard space...

The other tempting factor is the idea of fixing up a boat and then getting it to the sea via the Mississippi river.

Listening to the Iron Leg Radio Show

So it goes...