Friday, February 12, 2021

on strange and troubling times...

A bit of Norwegian push back, some awesome nautical charts, and an important question...

It would be an understatement to say that the whole slow motion train wreck of an impeachment thing has me somewhat distracted, disappointed, and depressed. So much so that I've found it hard to concentrate on boat plans. Case in point I have a new set of plans that are still in the box that I have not even opened.

Talk about strange times.

On the flip side there's still that irksome worldwide pandemic to deal with and the anger inducing fact that far too many people are just not taking it seriously. Which is something that I'm reminded of nearly every night as we're anchored just off a local bar that does Karaoke which is an ongoing example of people's belief that the right to get drunk, butcher songs and not wear a mask is more important than the health and welfare of their neighbors.

As it happens, being an old fart and all, I get my second vaccine shot on Monday. Better yet the whole impeachment thing will be just another sordid bit of history down the memory hole as well as a putrid stain and stench that will never be removed from the once great party of Lincoln.

So yeah, I'll admit that my head's not exactly in the Boat Bits game this last week or so and I apologize.

That being the case I'm taking the next few days off and will be back on Tuesday to open that unopened tube of plans and let you know what it holds...

Listening to I'm With Her

So it goes...