Thursday, December 17, 2020

For those adverse to dumpster diving...

Poor timing, a good point being made, and in the "insider trading of the worst sort" department...

Most folks I know on boats tend to have a locker full of miscellaneous bits and pieces that falls into the just-in-case I need to replace a backing plate, fix a self-steering gear, or create a doohickey to replace a needful part when you're halfway between Africa and the Caribbean.

OK, I'll admit my having a ready supply of odd bits of metal, wood, and various boat components in some circles might be termed a hoarding disorder while others may find my unwillingness to pass up a bit of stainless tube or plate found in a boatyard dumpster something of an irksome character flaw. I get that, but the thing is when folks need something and the local stores don't have it I will almost always have something that will do the job.

So, in today's emails there was an interesting offer from Online Metals offering a 15% discount on their Protoboxes which is just the thing for those adverse to dumpster diving at their local boatyard.

 

Need I say more?

Listening to the Brad Mathews Band

So it goes...