Thursday, November 12, 2020

Making water and some related thoughts...

Steve Kornacki has a fan, something on the how of things, and in the "Fossil fuel extraction and fault lines don't mix" department...

Yesterday I made some water or, to be more precise, I desalinated some saltwater and turned it into freshwater. Which, in the grand scheme of things, is no big deal as I do it every five days or so.

As it happens, I don't really do anything during the water-making process but move the hose from one Jerry can to another as they fill up so not exactly a taxing chore and what I do mostly is read a good book or think about stuff. What I thought mostly about today was mainly how dead easy the act of making water was and how simple a watermaker is to build as it's really just simple plumbing.

More importantly, I thought about how a simple thing which doesn't require silly expensive components or highly skilled labor shouldn't really cost a whole lot of money.

More on the subject tomorrow.

Listening to Jon Pousette-Dart

So it goes...