Thursday, September 17, 2020

on the subject of cruising with training wheels...

Wil Wheaton making sense, something timely on the flat earth thing, and about that Patagonia label...

So, I just noticed that the ARC and Salty Dawg 2020 rallies are still going to happen. Which, I’ll admit, surprised me as half of the islands in the Caribbean are closed (more if you’re American).


Maybe it’s just me but going on with cruising rallies in the middle of a world pandemic just seems to send a message and not a particularly good one. While both rallies are taking precautions of sorts it still smacks of a sense of entitlement and social impact that has always been a problem with the various cruising rallies.


That said, most rally destinations are on my places to avoid list anyway but still, the cruising rally/pandemic dynamic is the recipe for some off-the-scale potential ugliness.

Listening to some Joe Jackson  covers

So it goes...