Monday, January 14, 2013

Two boats that make a lot of sense...

Well, this is just depressing, an important point in the education debate, and how bikes are not so unlike sailboats...

I look at a lot of boat designs...

Part of the reason is that studying various design elements teaches me stuff and partly because I find the way different designers handle the same set of problems jump starts my thinking process.

So, here's a pretty cool boat...


It's the L'Etroit Mousquetaire by Gilles Montaubin...


A seriously sweet ride, is it not?

Now, how about another design that fulfills the same function, performs much the same, and will take you to the same places...


This being the Phil Bolger designed Jessie Cooper...


Both boats have a lot to teach us if we take the time to study them. I won't bother to say what I think and just let the boats speak for themselves.

Listening to Emily Portman

So it goes...