Saturday, May 15, 2010

I like the sound of "adventure bikes"...

The other day I was talking bikes with someone while working on the mast and I found myself in a quandary trying to find a term that fit the sort of bike I have in mind for the "NEXT" bike...

The sort of bike I have in mind is something of a hybrid but the term hybrid (or at least bikes associated with the term) these days seems to have a serious YUCK factor so coming to a term to describe the sort of bike that really makes sense for someone to use as one's sole ride for a cruising boat lifestyle has not been easy. Well, till today!

One of our favorite bicycle reads is the blog from Black Mountain Cycles who aptly nailed the term as "Adventure Bike" which makes all kinds of sense...



As it happens, Black Mountain Cycles has just about my whole short list of bikes that meet my needs in stock and priced to move...

Why ride a bike?