Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The rule of three...

Star Trek dude does good, on re-inventing the wheel toaster, and why HIV/AIDS is still a bigger problem than it needs to be...

I've been thinking (always a dangerous pastime) of replacing the tiller on "So It Goes" for awhile. Partly because the current tiller has a tiny crack and partly because I've always felt that the geometry could be improved.

Being a rather lazy sort of guy, a little crack and the promise of a slightly better physical interface is not quite enough to make me actually build a new tiller as I almost always need three reasons to add yet another project to the list...

Well, as it happens the third reason came about when I realized that I need to replace the hatch in the cockpit. In doing so, I'll have to build a new tiller because the new hatch design will be a bit higher and as a result I'll have to adjust the tiller rise to clear it. Hence the project list just got a new addition.

More about that soonish...

Listening to Dave Mason

So it goes...